TeeHeeHeery!

TeeHeeHeery!

mY PRETTY PET

mY PRETTY PET
don't judge him!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A mask Worth a thousands words...YES, I KNOW...SAY IT! IM THINKING TOO MUCH




Because the mask is your face, the face is a mask, so I'm thinking of the face as a mask because of the way I see faces is coming from an African vision of the mask which is the thing that we carry around with us, it is our presentation, it's our front, it's our face.


                                                           Faith Ringgold

 So this pictured really inspired  me to blog about how many masks me wear and how these masks can lead OUR own personal destruction. I can't really talk on baby MJ's point of view, but I can sooo elaborate on my masks...seeing that I've worn so many and very few have seen whats beyond the multiple layers of masks that I wear.


"A mask of gold hides all deformities."



                                                                                                                             Thomas Dekker
 
Acting deals with very delicate emotions. It is not putting up a mask. Each time an actor acts he does not hide; he exposes himself.



                                                                                                            Rodney Dangerfield
 
 
Although I know it's unfair I reveal myself one mask at a time.

Stephen Dunn

The mask that I am forced to work wear every day an be broken down into many many man phases of destruction.
Mask number one allows the world to see who I'm...what they think I am about AND WHAT THEY THINK IS CHARDLINE THIS IS THE PERCEPTION OF HOW YOU SEE ME.
                                                                      


Mask number two lies beneath the layer that is most commonly used but least commonly criticized.
You would think that the mask that is seen on the outside would be the layer that is criticized the most, but in reality...the 2nd masks----> THE WAY YOU SEE YOURSELF<---- it thee most criticized. When you look in the mirror, you never see perfection, there is is always an external or internal battle that will never cease. This is how My second layer of masking looks.
I can critique it until I feel best, but deep down inside...I will always see this in my eyes.



But who is to say what mask we should exhibit I have been fighting to wear this mask:

But reality only lets me settled in this mask:
So I have no choice but to indulge. Society only shows what should be seen...and what could and must be seen.

Im not too fond of masks...but I gotta wear'em there are many levels that haven't been explored, some that would shock me. BUT WHO AM I TOO BLAME IF IT SHOCKS ME...I SHOULD SHOW THE MASKS OFF THAT COMPLETES ME...EVEN IF IT LOOKS LIKE THIS:

Because in reality, this isn't a mask. It's me. It's who I am. It's what I've become...it's who I wanna be...it's what I can't see. BUT IT'S ME.

Choosing the right mask helps you... We went through many masks. It was very particular leather that as soon as you smudged it, you had to get a new one. We went through about 55 masks.

It's a terrible thing to be alone - yes it is - it is - but don't lower your mask until you have another mask prepared beneath - as terrible as you like - but a mask.


Katherine Mansfield

1 comment:

  1. Intresting posts about masks. All of your posts are intresting, and brings up something new. Keep doing em even though I don't understand any of it half the time.

    I'm sure I'll appreciate any mask you put on and lots of other people do too.

    ReplyDelete