TeeHeeHeery!

TeeHeeHeery!

mY PRETTY PET

mY PRETTY PET
don't judge him!

Monday, November 8, 2010

My Phony Happiness entitles me to more than just a phony smile

Why does HAPPINESS have to be such an abstract concept?
Ya, a lot of people probably are saying: No, it's easy to be happy...whatever you enjoy should make you happy...therefore there isn't much complexity nor abstract 'ness' behind it.
WELL OBVIOUSLY (IN THE Antoine Dodson Voice )


 A lot of the things that make us happy aren't the healthiest...meaning the driving force of our happiness isn't conducive to a true happier you. For example...gateway drugs make people happy...but is that truly conducive to a happier you??? Hm mm i don't think so.

Drugs can only give us the illusion of being satisfied for moments at a time...it's truly an internal struggle that drug addicts have to overcome. But, there ya go...one way of being "happy" when the source to your happiness is harmful.

Another way happiness is often masked is when you are in a relationship with someone you claim to value and appreciate. NOT TO SAY THAT ALL RELATIONSHIPS HAVE A HINT OF PHONINESS but there a plenty relationships where the source of happiness is the very thing that can ultimately kill you.

"There was once a man who made me so happy! I would pray morning noon and night for God to protect him and guide him...he was my guiding light and strength.

Shout Outs to REY...he's a good man lol

Then  little by little I noticed the changes. The shift in the way he'd look at me...the tone in his voice frightened me...the touch of his once soft and warm feel; now cold as ice. I wondered what I COULD have done for this man to change...turn away and hurt me. I was convinced that his man was still making me happy, when ultimately the source of my "happiness" was pain and hurt. The change in his presence felt the a stench so close...lingering over my neck. This man that I loved...that I admired...that I called my best friend now was a man that would tantalize my nightmares. Yet I still was under the impression that I was in LOVE...and that he made me happy.
Silly me...i thought I hit the jackpot...but he drove me straight to the crackpot...and I buried myself in shame. The man I introduced to my friends...colleagues...associates and family was the same man I've grown to love and be happy with through each strike...each tantalizing nightmare...each slur he stroke down my back.
Yes, I thought I was happy...But I was dying inside for the joy that kills" ---Excerpt from my Life.

I'm in a specific road block in my life now. What is the source of my happiness?


Is it my friends...every weekend we chill and drink and have a great time  Gain deep conversations that can last a life time ?
Friends


Is it those who I call on the most when I'm inflicted with problems and they are there to console me?


Francine




Is it the man who've I grown fond of?

Wes



Is it my nephew...with one crack of a smile...he's always there to cheer me up.


I love you BABY ALEX...MY NEPHEW

In fact...all these add to my "happiness". The true source of my happiness can ONLY BE ME AND ME ONLY. In reality...everything that added to my happiness can one day take away that happiness. But me, only I can keep myself healthy n happy. The only true spark of happiness can start with my feelings of self made happiness. So don't ever say "he or she took away my happiness" because deep down inside...you make your own.
HappY me


No comments:

Post a Comment